High Gear Media Seeking Web Designer
High Gear Media seeks a passionate, skilled, empathetic designer to help our product team build out next generation media experiences in the automotive content space.
On the Web today, automotive content is often either bland reviews or old school forums. We’re changing all of that by creating the next generation of car content with a world-wide team of writers and developers building fast growing new content brands focused on green cars, performance cars, car tech, car shopping and more. Think ESPN for cars. But faster, more social and more fun. Come help create a media juggernaut.
You’ll colloborate with editors, product managers, and engineers taking ideas and sketches to wire frames and mocks, perfect and hone the user interface and the visual design and then do what it takes to help us ship. You will own all things design for a small team that ships products quickly and is looking to innovate on the way core media is displayed and interacted with: articles, photo galleries, video clips and more.
– A killer portfolio that demonstrates excellence in media design (layout, information density, typography and imagery) plus mobile app design.
– You are committed and expert at user-centered design, web standards, usability and accessibility.
– Experience designing rich interactive media experiences for the web. This could, but doesn’t have to be, at an automotive site, but ideally, you’ve spent serious time designing content experiences for the web — so blogs, news, sports or entertainment sites, review sites, etc. all qualify.
– Comprehensive expertise in the tools of the trade: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.
– Understanding of cross-browser, cross-platform issues inherent in CSS and front end development.
– Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
– Ability to work independently as part of a small team with high productivity and excellent organization.
– A team player and master of collaboration with excellent communication skills.
Interested? email: jeff@.