Senior iOS Developer
Palo Alto, CA (working in a remote/home office definite possibility)
email: feedback – at – highgearmedia — dot – com
(NOTE: this can be on a contract basis or as an FTE)
We have an awesome gig available for an innovative developer of high-quality software for iOS devices.
If you have a passion for great mobile user experiences and building world-class apps for an audience of millions you are exactly who we are looking for. We are building iPhone and iPad experiences that blend media content, car shopping and more and have a host of interesting problems to solve on the front and backend.
You will be a member of our development team and essentially own the development of iphone/ipad apps for a rapidly growing automotive media company. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned developer with experience in Objective-C and iOS application development.
- Deep understanding of quality Objective-C and iPhone/iPad application development and all the associated technologies.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience, with 2 years developing mobile applications for iOS.
- Expert knowledge of developing, testing and debugging mobile applications using iOS/Objective-C and Experience developing object-oriented code in Objective-C.
- Familiarity with developing RESTful applications.
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high-quality software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally you also have experience with:
- Application performance tuning.
- Java or PHP web development a big plus.
- Some HTML5/CSS/AJAX knowledge a plus.
About High Gear Media
High Gear Media is a fast-growing, top-tier venture funded (Accel, Greylock, DAG), vertical publishing company publishing three of the fastest growing and most authoritative Automotive web sites: The Car Connection, Motor Authority and Green Car Reports. The team includes journalists from established publishers including Car & Driver, AutoTrader and more as well as developers and digital experts from Yahoo!, Google and Sidestep.
High Gear Media’s three owned and operated automotive properties have approximately 5 million monthly visits. The original, premium content operations generate 800+ stories a month. Stories are produced by an expert editorial staff as well as some of the most recognized freelance writers in the industry. The sites are built on an industry-leading proprietary platform allowing for flexible publishing and agile product development. In the automotive vertical, HGM is the future of online media.