Senior Frontend Software Engineer
As a senior member of the engineering team, the senior web developer will be responsible for developing and enhancing High Gear Media’s automotive websites and related systems. High Gear Media owns and operates some of the largest automotive websites on the web including MotorAuthority and TheCarConnection, and serving more than 15 page view monthly. In addition to the desktop sites, the successful candidate will also maintain and enhance the mobile web sites for each site with emphasis on speed, ease of use, and maintainability.
High Gear Media’s technology platform leverages Zend Framework, MySQL, Memcached, and Varnish cache. Experience with any of these technologies a strong plus.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of web development building customer facing applications of public websites
- Excellent Object Oriented PHP skills preferrably including some expertience with Zend Framework or similar framework
- Experience working on large sites/applications a plus.
- Previous experience with Memcached, Varnish cache, Zend Cache, etc. a plus.
- Some UI design experience or examples preferred but not a must