Senior Backend Software Engineer
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will be a key contributor to High Gear Media’s technology platform powering its automotive sites and associated internal systems.
The High Gear Media platform powers such sites as MotorAuthority and TheCarConnection serving more than 4 million unique visitors per month.
The successful candidate will be a top programmer with proven leadership skills. In addition to maintaining and improving several key systems within HGM, the individual will need to participate in peer code reviews, and mentor other engineers where applicable.
- Must have solid Java experience.
- Must be familiar with at least one Web Application Framework (Spring/Struts/Tapestry/etc.).
- Must have solid Hibernate/MySQL experience.
- Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration.
- Must be a team player and a problem solver with good code hygiene and documentation habits.
- Experience with MySQL replication and MySQL Proxy a plus.
- Experience with using Memcached in a distributed environment a plus.
- Working knowledge of PHP a plus. Experience with Zend Framework a stronger plus.
- Previous experience with GWT a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in CS or related field
- 5+ years of Java experience. 8+ years of experience in software development.